“It was an incredible response from from our friends, insurance partners and wider industry professionals.”
After our interview with Insurance Wire in which we asked for the insurance industry to step up to the plate when fighting climate change, we were contacted by several industry professionals, brokers and Insurance Network Cobra asking if they can help out.
Within the space of an hour, over 2500 trees were donated.
To put that in to context, our ANNUAL target this year was to plant 2500 trees. We did that in one hour.
Who donated? 🌳
- Andy Tedstone and Martin Hill from Cobra donated 500 trees – which Fuelled matched, taking the total to 1000.
- Spike Dolphin and Cobra London Markets donated 500 trees
- Barry Abrams of Barry Abrams Insurance donated 100 trees.
- Burty & Co at Q Underwriting donated 100 trees.
- Abid of Focus Insurance Services donated an incredible 1000 trees to help us reach our 2500 tree target.
The Impact 🌳
In just one afternoon the group managed to:
- Remove over 60 tonnes of CO2 emmissions from the environment
- Cover the impact of 52 long haul flights
- Save 203sqm of sea ice.
- Cover the impact of 168,286 miles driven in a car.
That’s an incredible effort.
Thank you to everyone that contributed. If anyone else would like to donate to our climate initiative, please reach out via website chat or by emailing email@example.com. 🌳
Like this post